Toddler Brandon Emery, 14 months, could probably host one of those how-to-keep-stress-free seminars. Recently he accidentally locked himself in his mom’s car but kept his cool and had a blast with the firefighters who came to save him
Everything started when Brandon’s mother, Kirsty Green, had placed her car keys in the boot while she was loading the vehicle with groceries. Her son pushed down the central locks inside the car, and there was no way she could get him out.
“I was a bit panicky at first, wondering how I was going to get him out”, Brandon’s mother, Kirsty Green, told Daily Mail. “Luckily a few other shoppers quickly came to help me out, and one lady <…> phoned 101.
The rescue crews from Bude Community Fire Station, Cornwall, England, quickly arrived at the scene and started using small hand tools on the car to free Brandon. The toddler was loving every second of it and couldn’t stop smiling. However, he then found a two pence coin inside the car and put it into his mouth.
“That’s when I started to panic,” Green said. “I thought, ‘Oh God, what if he chokes on it.’” The firefighters reacted swiftly and smashed the rear window of the car, returning Brandon to his mom before anything bad happened. “They were amazing, and I think just as much as they were keeping Brandon entertained, he was equally making them laugh.”